Wednesday, November 14, 2012

DIY Monogrammed Ornaments

I wanted to share with y'all the perfect personalized gift for around $5. I made 22 monogrammed ornaments to give out at Cross Country Christmas. I think they turned out great so I wanted to share the easy process with you!
DIY: Monogrammed Ornament

You will need:
-ORNAMENTS: I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby for $5.99/box but at that time they were 50% off
-ORNAMENT HOOKS
-DECALS: I purchased mine off of an etsy shop called Cuttin Crazy and it turned out to be a little over a dollar per 2" decal, I suggest going with a smaller decal size in order to ensure smooth application
-RIBBON: I went with two different ribbon designs and I thought each went well with the ornaments
-SCISSORS: to cut the ribbon
-LIGHTER: used to heat seal the ribbon edges

Here is an overview of the supplies:

To begin, take your first ornament and make sure the surface is clean.

Then, peel the white backing from the decal while being careful not to touch the sticky side of the letters.

Now, position the decal to the middle of the ornament and press down. To smooth it is best to use a credit card but be sure not to push down too hard or your ornament might break.

After that, I cut my ribbon into 6'' pieces and heat sealed the ends. After the ends are heat sealed thread the ribbon through the ornament hook and attach a longer hook around the ribbon. Viola, you have just created an adorable christmas gift in a matter of minutes!

To package, I placed the ornaments in a clear plastic cup and placed the cup inside of a plastic gift bag and closed it with some gift string. 

I hope you found these instructions helpful and I hope you enjoy making your own monogrammed ornaments!

dWa

5 comments :

  1. These turned out so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! We have a tradition at my school where we leave a gift for a senior on the 18th of every month...I think this is what my secret senior will get next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute and the perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! They are too cute! I'm definitely gonna make a monogrammed bauble for my tree this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished